Kostelec Planning believes that communities and economies thrive when they link health to the built environment decisions. With national partners and local collaborators Kostelec Planning, based in Asheville, NC, develops and designs award-winning planning solutions to support healthy, sustainable communities.
With international expertise and localized passion, Principal Don Kostelec has managed several award-winning planning, health, and transportation, ranging from $5,000 to $2 million. Specialty areas: Health and planning integration, health impact assessment (HIA), transportation planning, customized pedestrian and bicyclist planning, HIA training and complete streets.
Recent Projects Include:
- MountainWise Regional Health Impact Assessment – 8 counties in southern Appalachia)
- Transylvania County (NC) Comprehensive Plan – Health & Wellness elements
- Robbinsville (NC) Pedestrian Connectivity Plan & Health Impact Assessment
- Garden City (Idaho) Livable Streets Plan
- Maryville to Townsend (TN) Greenway Master Plan
- Buncombe County (NC) Greenways & Trails Master Plan & Health Impact Assessment
- CAMPO (Raleigh, NC) Northeast Area Study Health Impact Assessment
- Haywood County (NC) Comprehensive Bicycle Plan & Health Impact Assessment
- French Broad River MPO Long-Range Transportation Demand Management Plan
- Mountain Home (Idaho) Complete Streets Policy
- Ada County Highway District (Idaho) Green Bicycle Lanes & Shared Lane Markings Implementation Strategies
- Wake Forest (NC) Safe Routes to Schools Bicycle Rodeo